So we've got this bad larry of a website engine just wasting around and not being very useful. That changes today. National Beer Day 2011 (the day prohibition was repealed). Over the next week or so you will see more updates and addition of useful information.
Work is progressing on the Giant Sound Spectrum Display, but the lights still aren't bright enough. We'll figure that out soon enough. Ninjuh please has been hard at work repairing some older boom boxes and playing with LT spice. Wayne has been playing with glue....again. I've been dreaming about getting a Tron arcade machine for repair...but that's another story.
We're going to look at reconditioning a Space Invaders machine that's sitting in the lobby and needs some CRT work. Should be fun.
Wayne fixing the housing for one of the boom boxes
NinjuhPlease! working on creating a circuit simulation.
For all you doubting Thomases out there, (I'm talking to you Nimmo), here's actual evidence of things getting done around the hackspace.
In case you're wondering, it was a redecorating job. And we NAILED it.
Anyway, I'm trying to use this site space a bit more to make it more substantial for our throng of adoring fans out there. Enjoy.
I hope that our throng of adoring fans and clients can bear with us while we tweak the format of our site. Here are my notes for development so far:
1. I think we should have a blog-ish template as the first layer. This will allow us to check-in conveniently, and provide most recent news first upon entering the site. Much like what is happening right now!
2. We should look into how feedback works. I see a comments header under this box, but can anyone chime in? Is an account needed?
3. Design is crap, but that's okay. I think we need to get used to providing content and actually start using a site before we invest in serious development time.
4. More of a general group comment... How should people get in touch with us? Is there a group email address that we can give the general public that will go to all 3 of us, or to a joint account?
5. How do we link this site to the base address CloseQuarters.org?
and carry on with the good work...
1-3 of 3